Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Horse Show Update - Day 6

Well, today was not a good day.

Started out with an very frustrating phone call trying to move my cell phone number over to a new carrier (after this morning that makes a total of 5 hours worth of phone time over 6 days trying to get it taken care of and now it looks like it will be another 3-5 business before it's fixed!). Also, didn't sleep well because I wasn't feeling good. Then it just went down from there.

The spins were good (actually probably the best I've ever turned him in the show pen). Johnette showed me a new way to use my spur and it worked like a charm. But, in the circles had some steering problems and got several extra lead changes. I felt the lead change problem coming on yesterday and today it came thru. Think I could have piloted better, but Breezy definitely wasn't doing me any favors. Finally got frustrated and ended up schooling. So needless to say, no points were earned today.

Johnette will school Breezy tomorrow and then I will show him one more time on Friday for our last cxhance to get points at this show. Dave arrives on Thursday night so I think having him here will help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you have a day off to rest and recoup. Tomorrow is a new day!

ellen b. said...

Hope you feel better soon and tip top for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Babe, this just goes to show you that no matter what happens in your class, you may be doing better than you think. Like I said before, because of you riding skills, you make a bad ride look pretty good and you never look out of control. Only you know when you are on the edge.