Friday, January 25, 2008

Horse Show Update - Day 1

Today was the 1st day of showing. I showed in the AQHA Amateur Reining. It was really fun! Breezy was good and so was I. Had a couple bobbles in the turnarounds and we ended up with a 69 1/2 under one judge and a 69 under the other. Not sure were I placed; I think somewhere between 11th and 15th out of 47 (so most likely no points yet toward qualifying for the Worlds Show). But, both Johnette and I were happy with the ride. I don't show again until the 27th, but will be able to not make the same mistake in the turns and pick up the pace in the circles. We will be aiming for a 71.

Tomorrow Johnette is showing Breezy in the AQHA Senior Reining so that she can get a feel for how he feels in the show arena so she can coach me better and hopefully get a school out of it so he will be even better for me on the 27th.

A little tired and really sore, but having a blast!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am really impressed with Jonette so far. Sounds like she is a fantastic coach. Very proud of you and know you will do better. Love Ya, Vera

Anonymous said...

Stay rested love and keep enjoying yourself. Breezy sounds like he is willing so you go girl. xo mom