Monday, January 28, 2008

Horse Show Update - Day 4

Still cold and windy and now quite muddy too, but at least the rain has stopped.

Johnette took Breezy into the Senior Reining to school him again. But, this time he wasn't very good. He tried to shut off early in the turns, wanted to change leads when he wasn't supposed to and then got pissy about having to change leads when he was supposed too and then tried to run off in the run downs. So needless to say, Johnette did get a great school on him. So hopefully he remembers all the lessons he learned today and decides to do his best tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the NRHA day and the day that is most important to me (more $ to enter and more $ to win). Last year Johnette said that it only took a 71 1/2 to win the Limited Non Pro (which we are entered in tomorrow). That is only a 1/2 point better then we did yesterday. I am aiming for a 72, but that is definitely a lofty goal. But, if we both do our best we should be able to do it. Just need to make sure I don't chicken out and not go fast enough on our circles.

Tomorrow morning will be an early one. Since we will be showing in a different arena I am going to meet Johnette at 6:30am to give Breezy a chance to see what it looks like in there before the show starts. Probably won't actually show until 2pm-ish.

BTW... Thank for all the comments. Very encouraging!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck tomorrow, kristin! we'll be praying for your 72!

ellen b. said...

Hope all goes well, Kristin!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how your day went today! I've been thinking about you guys. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,

I know the weather is nasty but I hope you 'got things done' with The Breeze. It's exciting to read your blog and I look forward to today's post.

Best wishes, I am very proud of you,

Your Clothier,

Suzi