Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Beau Has Gotta Go!

Tomorrow night I will be taking Beau back to the foster family we got him from.

For several weeks now he has been frequently opting out of using his litter box. We have tried everything to remedy the problem including taking him to the vet to ensure nothing wrong physically, multiple litter boxes, different brands of litter, putting the boxes in different locations, praising him profusely when he uses the littler box & scolding when he doesn't, ect. However, nothing has worked and Sunday (on Dave's birthday!) he even peed on our down comforter just inches from my pillow. That was pretty much the last straw for me. Facing another 20 years of worrying about where I sit and what I touch in my own house is just not an option. We do feel really sad for Bella since we know she will really miss him (and if I wasn't so angry at him, I'd be able to admit that I'll miss him too).

So we are now in search of 2nd Ocicat to be Bella's new friend/playmate. Bella's personality & disposition is really ideal and matches the breed profiles we have read on-line perfectly. We hope to have our new kitten by the weekend.

I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Natalie Johnson said...

Oh, I'm so sad to hear this. I'm
sure you've heavily weighed your decision however...and I wish you the very best of luck finding a new little one to fit your happy family.

We'll miss you at Group tonight.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer. That is too bad. He was so cute.