Sunday, April 03, 2005

Palm Desert

The brokerage firm the we use at Barbeques Galore invited Jen (our HR Assistant)and I to attend their Annual Employee Benefits Informational Seminar in Palm Desert at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort. Since it was free our boss encouraged us to go and learn more about trends and new legislation/regulations relating to employee benefits. Soon after RSVPing that we would attend we found out that our husbands were also invited. I though this was a bit strange, but Dave was more than willing to attend. So we left around 3pm on Friday. We got there around 5:30pm since there was quite a bit of traffic. The frustration of the traffic was quickly forgotten once I checked in and was informed that we would be staying in a "1 bedroom Penthouse Suite" on the "Concierge Floor".

Friday night at 6:30pm there was a Welcome Reception for all the attendees of the seminar and their families. Then after breakfast at the Regency club on Saturday morning the real work began at 9am. The hard work ended at 12pm just in time for lunch. And that was it. The "Employee Benefits Seminar" part of the weekend was over after only 3 hours of information. So after lunch Dave and I headed out to the pool for awhile and then it was time for my 50 minute Sweetish Massage. Then back to our "suite" for a quite nap and some lounging on the balcony enjoying the mountain views. And then to the regency club for ordurves and off to dinner. Dinner was at a swanky little Italian restaurant in the shopping district of Palm Desert. It was one of the nicest meals I've ever had (probably in the top 10). Dave had Filet Minion and I had some dish I can't pronounce or remember but had to moan with each bit. Oh, and did I mention the entire weekend was "open bar"?

When we went to check out on Sunday morning the only charge on our bill was for the tip on the massage. The weekend cost about $60 including gas and road tolls. Now this is my kind of "seminar"!!!

No comments: