Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Paint Everywhere!

As most you know, that see me in person on a regular basis, I am a fan of the creative airbrush designs on my finger nails. I have had everything from stars to ocean scenes with dolphins and palm trees to the most recent Easter eggs. However, right now all that is noticeable on my nails is brown and white paint. No, not nail polish or airbrush paint....wall paint.

Dave and I are in the midst of getting our Aliso Viejo house ready to sell. Yesterday was phase 1. Dave resoded part of the back yard during his lunch break and then both of us were there last night. I chose a brownie-grey color for the bedroom to match the towels I had purchased for the master bath since there isn't a door between the two. I thought it would look great to have the bedroom brownie-grey with white accents and then the bathroom white with the exact same brownie-grey accents. I spent about 1/2 hour at Lowes finding the exact color to match the towels. After the color was mixed it looked perfect in the can. Then I got home and painted a little spot on the wall. However, on the wall the color looked more mauve. Dave and I continued painting hoping that it would dry the right color or maybe it was just the peachy-orange color it was covering that was reflecting oddly, but once it is all covered it will look right. By the time we left at 9pm it was looking better, but I seriously doubt that it will end up being the same brownie-grey as the towels. O'well...it was a nice try, I guess. Dave's dad is spending the day today finishing up the room. I am excited to see how it will turn out.

Anyways, that is the big time consuming project for this week...getting the house ready to sell. We still have about 20-30 more projects on the list to get done before Monday.

No comments: