Sunday, April 10, 2005

"Camping"

Friday night we packed up our camping gear and headed down to Doheny Beach to meet some friends from SCU for a bit of camping. By the time Dave and I got there it was dark but we were able to get our tent up with out too much trouble. We didn't bring a hammer so we weren't able to steak it down. But, we figured that that wasn't very important anyways. Also, we didn't really want to bother with the directions so we we just attached the cape on the top so that it "looked" right.

We all had a nice evening sitting around the campfire roasting marshmellows. At 11pm we decided it was bed time. We all ajerned into out own tents for a restful slumber. However, then the wind started up. It was blowing so hard that our entire tent was moving. Every few minutes the side of the tent would hit me in the head. And the cape that wasn't secured correctly to begin with was being caught by the wind and acting more like a sail. Oh, and it was also freezing. I just couldn't seem to get warm. So at 2pm I had not gotten a second of sleep so I sat up and turned to Dave saying, "I am seriously thinking about driving home." Giving the amount of complaining that I had done over the past few hours he replied, "I think that is a good idea." So he got up to remove the "sail" and I headed home.

The next morning I headed back to our camp site to endure some teasing, but turns out I wasn't the only one that didn't sleep very well. We spend that day basically just relaxing. We sat around and talked and read magazines. After lunch a group of us headed to a big grass field for a game of barefoot soccer. I wasn't planning on playing but when they were short a person I was called upon to even out the teams. I played defense and ended up having a really great time. Our team, consisting of Eric J., David T., Matthew J., Conner E. and myself, ended up the victors.

Dave and I stayed for dinner, amazing chili made by Jenn W. and Natalie J. Then headed home to get a good night of sleep since sunday was going to be spend putting the final touches on the Aliso house including planting tons of flowers and trees.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oops, I meant "short", not "shot"!