Monday, April 25, 2005

Del Mar National

Saturday I got up at 6am (not a single snooze did I hit) and headed down to Del Mar to go to the Del Mar National Horse Show. My mom's friend, Wendy, was going to be showing in the show.

It was such a wonderful day. As soon as I stepped on the property I felt like I was home. I miss showing horses so much!

Highlights for the day:

1. Spending the day hanging out with my mom.
2. Catching up with old friends. Funny how not much has changed in the 4 years I have been completely out of the sport.
3. My new jacket. It was getting really cool toward the middle of the day so my mom bought me a really cool new jacket. I have worn it every day since.
4. Standing only 5 feet away form Bob Avila! Bobby Avila is one of the top horsemen ever! He is like the Lance Armstrong of the horse industry.
5. Sting Ray boots. My boots are just about to fall apart so I was checking out the boot selection at one of the vender booths. They had boots made out of all types of hide, such as ostrich and alligator, however there was one that I could not identify. They merchant explained that it was sting ray and I guess it is one of the most durable materials to make boots out of it. It is non-porous so you don't have to polish them; you just hose them down when they get dirty. They were a mere $400 so I passed. They were really cool looking though.

No comments: