Friday, February 01, 2008

Horse Show Update - Day 8

Both Breezy and I showed well today. Not quite good enough for our 71, but still good. The circles were the best of the week and 2 of the 3 stops were fantastic. The run downs were still a bit chargy and the turns still a little sticky (-1/2 to the right & 0 to the left). All in all I was pleased with the run. Ended up with a 70 from one jusdge and a 69 from the other. Still didn't place though and so no points. Johnette still thinks we have a chance to get qualified for the World Show though. Just have to get 15 more points by the end of July.

Tomorrow I will ride Breezy in the Senior Reining in stead of Johnette. It seems he only gets chargy with me in the run downs and we think it is because I am stiffening my back. So this will give me a chance to practice staying relaxed and a chance to discipline Breezy when it doesn't really count if he charges. A BIG thanks to everyone that has been checking in on my blog and cheering me on from home. I really loved reading the comments and getting encouraging e-mails. Really felt supported! Thank you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a show!! I am so bummed that I did not have access to the internet while I was in Playa del Carmen. I am so proud of you and I know you will do better and better. I am really impressed with Jonette and all that she is doing for you. What a difference. Love you much! Vera

Dianne Young Erwin said...

I was wondering how you did in your show!!!! Just found your blog on lori's and wanted to say hello. Did you start your new job yet?

Anonymous said...

Great learning experience, and won money too! Thank you for taking the time to post updates for those of us that couldn't attend the show. I almost felt like I was there. xo mom

ellen b. said...

Love the photos!