Saturday, March 18, 2006

Last Ride

Today was not the confidence building last ride I was hoping for. I got to the stables at about 11:00am and was on by 11:30am. The first half of the ride was great. Rick and I were both feeling good about things and were very happy with Breezy's attitude. So Rick asked me to run down one more time into the fence, but slow and smooth. And that is when it all fell apart. It was like Breezy got a shot of adrenaline or something. His tail was out like an Arabian and he wasn't listening to me. Rick got on and he was about the same for him. I ended up staying up in the arena for 3 hours and he was still perky. It was so strange. We still don't know what the problem was. Was it the wind? Was it the guys playing Frisbee golf in the park nest to the arena? Who knows! So finally we decided to go down the hill and pack the trailer for the horse show. I just tied Breezy up to a pole and then when we finished loading up the trailer we headed back up to the arena for ride #2. This time he was back to himself. I just did a few circles and turned him around a couple times, since whatever his problem was seemed to have passed. I didn't end up leaving the stables until 4:00pm. But, I guess "all's well that ends well", right?

No comments: