Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Catch up

Well, it has been awhile since my last entry. Seems like I have been really busy, but haven't really done much that seems exciting enough to write about. It suddenly strikes me that this could be a problem. Am I getting so bogged down in the day to day that I am missing out on the fun? Or, is it that I am just not seeing the best in the things that I am doing? Is it a true void or just a matter of a lacking in luster?

Looking back in my calendar here are some of the things I have been doing outside of work since my last blog entry:

11/23 SCU and Sakred Feast - It was potluck style. First we loaded up plates to take to a shelter and then ate the left over ourselves.

11/24 Shopping with my wonderful sister-in-law

11/25 Thanksgiving with Dave's family

12/1 Addressed Christmas Cards with a group of friends from SCU. It made a usually mundane job fun!

12/4 JP Jones spoke at SCU. I mustered up the nerve to do the announcements. Funny how singing is so much easier than talking when it comes to a large group of people. I did okay, just forgot to pray at the end and said "ummm" about 100 times (I think Dave was actually counting).

12/10 A big day for Christmas parties. First was the Barbeques Galore Christmas party which I was ultimately responsible for. It was at Dave & Busters and was a huge hit. My team, The Regulators (yes, the teams were named after barbecue parts), came in 3rd place out of 10 teams. Then I raced home and changed into my party dress for Dave's company’s party. It was held at a cute little Italian place in Irvine.

12/11 Dave and I drove to USC to take a picture of a "water wall" and then went to the Annual Hobby Horse Christmas Party. They showed the "Mockumentary" of the photo shoots done this year. Both my mom and I were featured in the film. They are supposed to send me a copy soon. It was hilarious.

12/13 Had dinner with our dear friends, The Johnson’s. It was a wonderful and encouraging evening.

12/14 Got sick. Stayed home from work. Had a Stewardship meeting that evening.

12/15 Had to go to work even though I still felt sick. Had a 6am unemployment phone hearing that I was the star witness for since I was basically the one the fired the guy. It went really well.

12/16 The Cleary's came over for worship and prayer, but we really only had time for prayer. Still a cool evening.

12/17 7am emergency Stewardship meeting. Don't they know that stewardship is more of an evening team? I don't join morning teams! That night we went to a Christmas Cocktail Party. It was fun to enjoy friends and dancing.

12/18 Sang at church with the Worship team, but wasn't fully recovered from being sick and lost my voice on the 3rd song. Luckily it came back for the last songs. I just sang some low harmonies and soft echoes. Then went to dinner with The Smith's and Cathy after.

12/19 Karen and Lori came over and we baked cookies together. I made 3 different kinds of cookies. It was totally exhausting, but really fun! We packet up plates of cookies to give to our neighbors.

12/20 Troy and Tricia had the Community Pastors over to their home for dinner. It was a wonderful evening of friends, encouragement and really good food!


Okay, so this exercise has shown me that it is a matter of luster. These have all been really cool things that I have been doing. Just about all of which could have been blog worthy if I had truly appreciated them. Alright, lesson learned...Don't get so busy that you start just going through the motions. I'll have to remember that...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot about the scarf! the fabulous scarf! oh, and the purse! the fabulous purse!

sheesh, how "queer eye for the straight guy" do i sound?

Kristin said...

Oh yes, the scarf...Dave and I finished up our Christmas shopping on Saturday. I was looking at a scarf for my grandma and flung it over my shoulder to continue shopping. Then I looked up and saw in the mirror that it totally matched my hair the the outfit I had on. So Dave said that I should have it. (What a cute husband!)

And the purse...well I was going to save that one since it was a Christmas present from my husband. We kind of couldn't wait to open our presents for each other so we opened them Saturday night. Opps. Don't tell Santa!