Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! It began on Christmas Eve at Dave's grandparent's home in Downey. Just about his entire family on his mom's side was there. It was a great evening of family and food.

Then Chirstmas morning Dave's parents and sister came over to our house for breakfast and we opened packages with them. After they left Dave and I broke out the Sequence game that Troy and Tricia made for us. Then my mom and Wendy came over at around 3pm. We opened a few packages and played Catch Phrase and Scatagories with them. After they left we went back to playing Sequesnce. Dave kept winning so I became addicted to the game. I just couldn't stop playing with him winning all the time. Yes, it is a game of mostly luck, but I just had to win before we went to bed. Finially, I won a few and was actaully feeling fatigued from sitting all day playing the silly game.

The day after Christmas began with some grocery shopping and then some cleaning. Dave and I made a lasagna (well he cooked up the meat and I did everything else). My dad, step mom, and grandmother came over at around 3pm. My grandmother lives in Arizonia so it was her first time to see our house. After the tour we opened gifts. Then my mom came over and we all had dinner. It was so great to see my grandmother and also be able to spend time with my parents. Parents...seems weird for me to call them "my parents". Growing up it was either "my mom" or "my dad and Lanell". It was cool to have everyone there together enjoying eachother.

No comments: