Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Sneaky Sneaky

So Dave and I really never are able to make it to Christmas before opening our gifts for each other. So the Saturday before Christmas Dave and I wrapped all the Christmas gifts. That night we just couldn't wait any longer so we crept down stair, turned on the lights on the tree and handed each other our gifts. I began to open mine first. There were 3 items wrapped separately, but stacked on top of each other. It was pretty obvious that the top 2 items were DVDs so, considering the spending limits we had decided on, I figured it was probably a top of some sort in the larger box on the bottom. As I tore into the top package, I could see that it was in fact a DVD. But, it was Black Hawk Down. My first thought..."this wasn't even on my list" and my second thought..."Don't we already have this DVD". Then I tore into the second one. It was Charlie's Angels. Now I knew we already had this one. My next thought, "Wait a minute...these aren't even sealed....wait...these are OUR DVDs". I looked up and there was Dave with a huge smile on his face; obviously enjoying my confusion. The DVDs were decoys! So I pealed the wrapping off the 3rd and final box. It was a box from Coach. I was getting really excited at this point, but tried to hide it just incase this was another decoy. I opened the box and inside was the most adorable hot pink Coach purse. It was perfect and so totally unexpected. You see, Dave hates purses. His thinking is that he has one wallet; therefore I should have one purse and it should only cost slightly more than his wallet since it is only slightly bigger. I, on the other hand, love purses and love using them as functional accessories to my outfits. I probably have 5 different purses, which Dave thinks is totally ridiculous (and he is probably right). So for him to pick out such an amazing Christmas present for me was both surprising and wonderful.

No comments: