Thursday, April 17, 2008

Del Mar Show - Day 1

Well, I made it!

Got up early this morning and headed to the horse show. Spent some time listening to a few of my favorite songs and reflecting on what I've accomplished on horseback to get this far. I had to do my visualizing in the car because I wasn't going to have any time once I got to the show grounds. But, it went well. As I crested the hill on the fwy and was able to see the show grounds I found myself smiling. Bottom line, I love showing and Breezy & I are a good team, no matter what else is going on win my life.

Breezy and I warmed up well and I was completely focused and relaxed by the time I walked in to show my horse. We had a good run. We scored a 71 1/2 and a 70 (this judge gave us 2 1/2 points worth of penalties the the other judge didn't). Good enough for a 4 way tie for 1st under on judge and a 3 way tie for 3rd under the other. We aren't quite sure how they broke the ties, but I ended up at the bottom of all of them with 4th and a 5th.

Tomorrow we with be show/schooling. Should get a score, but run the whole patter slow and correct. Then the same thing on Saturday. Then Sunday show full out.

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Congratulations and keep having fun!!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Kristin, well done. So thankful you were able to relax.

Anonymous said...

hey, congrats on a solid ride. You can't control the judge's scores--as long as your performance was good, that's all you can do. Good luck on Sun!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you are enjoying yourself and relaxing a little.
You have a very full life and need the relaxing times. Good Luck and keeping smiling. xo mom