Friday, February 10, 2006

Valentine's Early

This morning, in our master bathroom, I kissed Dave goodbye and headed toward the bedroom door to leave for work, but the PJ started crying at me. And for some reason this reminded me to put on my wedding rings, which I had almost forgotten to do. So I headed back to the bathroom to the little dish on my vanity where I keep my small jewelry. I looked down at the small dish and located my weddingband immediately. As I was grabbing for it I noticed that my engagement ring looked shinier than usually...wait a minute! That isn't my ring at all. I pick up the imposter. It was the ring I had seen at Wal-Mart, of all places, weeks ago and had hinted to Dave that it might make a great Valentine's gift. I turned to Dave, who had a big smile on his face as he had apparently been watching the entire scene unfolding with glee (he just loves my confustion and surprise). What a great husband!!! He was set on surprising me and since he thought I was assuming that he would be getting the ring for me he decided (as is our tradition) to give it to me earlier to enhance the surprise effect. As he recapped the whole scheming plot afterwards to me he included the detail that he had made a plan with PJ that if I forgot my rings she would have to remind me to get them since I might be suspicious if he did it. It worked!!!


Mystic Fire Topaz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Well done David!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Very well done! Very cool! The ring is beautiful!