Friday, February 24, 2006

Drawn

Lamentations: A Spiritual Art Experience

Tonight South County United had a night devoted to looking at how God's people have biblically dealt with pain, and using art to express our internal world to God. The evening was created with Lamentations as the guide. Very cool.

Here is my piece:


So here is general explanation:
The colors represent my relationship with God. The brown is me and my selfish sinfulness and the white in the center is God.
The clippings are excerpts from Psalms that reflect my heart at that moment.
The hand written words are my own groaning that are aligned with the verses.
The top clipping, which I wrote over to emphasis and to make my own, is the theme of the piece.
The child is me and a child-like faith leaping from the brown to the white and becoming a mixture of both brown and white. Showing my desire to leave the brown in my live and be taken over by the white and God's omnipotence.

Obviously I am not an artist, but it was awesome to be able worship God without using just words. Self reflection is not easy for me and this form of worship was really eye opening.

My heart tonight:
"Don't look the other way; your servant can't take it.
I'm in trouble. Answer right now!" Psalm 22:6 (The Message)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, you don't give yourself enough credit! Your peice was beautiful, personal, and deep. I think that was amazing! I so wish I could have been there instead of taking care of sick kids, but I'm really glad it went so well. I can not wait for the next one!!!