Saturday, September 24, 2005

Another Good Ride

Today's ride was even better than last weeks! All of the pieces are coming together. Circles are super fun; his is coming back from large/fast to small/slow so strong that I practically get tossed forward in the saddle (a 0 to +1/2 manuver). Then the run downs are just getting better and better. He is waiting for me more and not trying to run as fast on his own. And the stops...well you've seen the pics! The stickiest part was the turn arounds and today they were great; atleast +1/2 to the left and a probably a 0 to the right. I am really pleased. Just for fun let's add up the score potential if everything went perfect in the show pen (which ofcourse it never does, but let's calculate it out anyways):

Rt spin = 0
Lt spin = +1/2
Lt cirles = +1/2
Rt circles = 0
1st stop = +1/2
2nd stop = +1/2
3rd stop & back up = 0

So that would be a 72! That works for me! And I think that that is fairly realistic. I put a score of 0 for the rt circles since he is harder to change leads that direction and sometimes gets in a bit of a reverse arc. And then I did a score of 0 on the last stop since he would probably be going on pretty strong at that point and might not look quite as smooth.

My mom didn't video this week so no action shots. But, I did give Breezy a thorough bath and took some fun pics.




And since Jeff and Dave liked the pic I posted last week of the wiskers, I took a few more:




ISN'T HE SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

No comments: