Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sore w/ a captial "S"

In preparation for purchasing my horse, I went riding yesterday. I asked Rick to let me ride just any random horse just so I could get used to 'being back in the saddle again'...so to speak. However, he provided a very talented horse for me to ride. It would have been really fun if I could have remembered how to steer. See I know it all in my head, but just couldn't get the feel back. It's not like I was out of control or anything, the precision and balance just wasn't there. Hopefully, I didn't teach the horse too many bad habits. Rick did let me turn/spin it, though. The horse could really turn! It was so fun! I must admit that I was a bit dizzy after the first few turns. I guess it wasn't too bad for being my first time to ride in more than 3 years. However, I woke up this morning and could barely get out of bed! Getting in and out of my little car is like torture. Still, I am planning on riding again next week. I don't think Rick will give me such a nice horse next week :o)

No comments: