Friday, October 08, 2004

I talked to Jon!!!

Yesterday Cathy and I went to the Switchfoot concert at The Grove in Anaheim. It was so awesome!!!! The tickets were standing room only so we got there two hours early to make sure we had prime viewing. It worked!!! We were in the first row of the second tear; only about fifteen feet from the band! We were so close that we could see every facial expression. Let me just say that they are even better live than on the CD. They ROCK! They played almost all of my favorite songs and then even played some new ones that they are working.

Our friends Conner and Dianne are really good friends with Jon (the lead guy) so they had special VIP passes. So after the show we waited, as instructed, hoping that Conner could hook us up to meet him or his brother (backup vocals & guitar guy). Conner called and told us to meet them at the back of the venue and he would bring Jon around to meet us. We waited and waited and finally just started walking to the car. I had a 7am flight the next day and didn't want to wait around all night for something that might not even happen. The night had already been amazing enough without meeting the band. As we were getting into the car my cell phone rang. It was Conner. He told me to hold on and then another voice came on the phone. I said "hello", then he said "hello" and back and forth like that until I asked, "Who is this?" He replied, "Jon". I told him who I was and then we citchated from maybe 2 minutes (this may not be anywhere close to an actually time fame...1. I don't have a watch, and 2. I was talking to the lead singer from my favorite band). Then he told me to take care of Conner and Dianne and we said good bye.

The night was practically perfect (with the exception of sore knees and feet from standing 6 hours straight). I got to hang out with a good friend, see an awesome show and talk to Jon. What more could I ask for?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris, thanks for forwarding to me your blog address! Your site is so deliciously pink. LOL! Keep up with the posting, your stories are really encouraging.

--Johanna