Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Giving it a Try

Okay, so I really don't have too many deep thoughts so this might just be my first and last blog, but why not give it a try anyways. My friend Chaya has a blog. And, I have really been enjoying checking her blog out and commenting on her thoughts.

I went to the South County United "Walking with God" floor painting event last night. I went there just to help out and be a runner for the artists that were painting the floor. After a couple of hours of watching I got an incredible itch to paint something myself. However, this seemed like a bad idea since the last time I painted something, other than a wall in my house with a roller, as right around the 3th grade. But, then I found out that the paint could be whipped off! This was a liberating concept and so I convinced another leery painter to paint something together. Okay, so all I did was paint a sunflower on the floor of our church building (and not even the entire flower; Jenny Hadj. painted the stem), but it wasn't too bad. I mean, it had some texture and you could definitely tell that it was a sunflower(it's intended form). All in all I felt quite proud of myself. I even joked about quitting my job today and painting full time. So I have decided to do something a little less drastic and start a blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeffrey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeffrey said...

Rock on Kristin (mom) Dad (dan) is just bitter cause he doesn't have a blog.... yet.

Kristin said...

Way to makeit look like I have more comments! Thanks, Jeff :o)

Kristin said...

So for those of you millions of blog readers out there that were unaware that Dave (or "Dan") and I have childeren, I will attempt to clear things up for you. We have resently adopted 2 wonderful "childern" (Cathy & Jeff) to share our home with.

Adoption just really isn't as complicated as people make it out to be. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Anonymous said...

Often the things we stretch ourselves to do are not important in themselves, but are the first step in a journey of discovery and personal growth. So, "rock on, Kristin," Dad (Bill not Dan)

Anonymous said...

I added you to my favorite pages ... I'm expecting great things from you! By the way, if I'm your daughter now, does that mean you'll buy me a new car? My old parents bought my last one! (Cathy)