Saturday, March 31, 2007

Contentment

So a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday night during Community Group when discussing how we could pray for eachother I asked for my friends to pray for contentment for me. I was feeling really stressed and basically not content. Work had been really tough over the last few months and I thought it would be undercontrol by then and when it wasn't I wasn't happy. I didn't feel like I should leave since I could see light at the end of the long tunnel, but just wasn't sure if I could make over all the obsitcles obstructing my view of the light.

The following Sunday Dave suugested we go to church at Pacific Hills (as we still are between church homes since SCU ended). That morning I didn't really 'feel' like going to church and then we ended up going to the wrong building and getting lost. At that point I suggested that we just forget it and go to breakfast, but Dave wouldn't give in. We finally found the church and were only 5 minutes late. We sang a few songs and then the teaching pastor began to speak. His first words, "Today we are going to talk about contentment". So ok God, I'm listening, was my next thought.

By Monday evening I felt completely different. It seems that I was waiting until 'this' slowed down and 'that' was finished before I thought I could be content. And since I didn't feel like the reason I didn't feel content was because I wasn't were God wanted me, I knew that I needed to make the decision to be content in the moment. I needed to enjoy those obsitcles and learn and grow from the journey.

Now 2 weeks later, I am still really happy where I am.

Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayers and answering!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our God is so good to us. Thanks for sharing this, Kristin.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how thankful I am that we have a God who really does care about all the details of our lives. I love you and am praying for you. Vera