Friday, December 23, 2005

Holiday Horse'n Around

No work today!!! Yeah!

So went to HB to take Breezy for a spin (or a few spins...ha ha ha). Anyways, my lesson was great. I spend most of the week contemplating where last weeks ride went array and turns out so did Rick. My contemplation concluded that I was having to use too much leg in the big-fast circles and need to get him moving off my cluck more. Rick's brain work yielded the need to spend some time warming up and taking the edge off a bit. We decided to implement both solutions and wha-la no more hind lead problems! And then when I went to fence everything just worked out perfectly. Rick said that I rode really smart and he was really pleased. I think last week I got myself all frazzled in the circles and just couldn't mentally recover causing issues with the run downs. So I feel much better now and like we are really learned something useful.

After I rode Breezy Rick had me ride 3 more horses. It gave me additional practice and that's 3 less horses Rick had to ride today. So it worked out well for all. However, I think I will be really sore tomorrow. In fact, my back is already sore!

Not sure if I will ride Breezy again tomorrow. Rick would like me too, but I was planning on staying home tomorrow morning. I will probably just wait and see how I feel in the morning and then go really early if I go at all. I of course would hate to pass up an opportunity to ride, but it isn't much fun when you are in pain and today was so great it might be wise to just end on a high note till next Friday.

No comments: