Monday, November 21, 2005

Good News and Bad News

The good news is that Breezy did great in Santa Barbara! He performed wonderfully and his trainer has high hopes for next show season.

The bad news is that Austin makes me sick...literally.

So Thursday night I woke up a few times not feeling well and then Friday I didn't feel well at all and had a number of emergency trips to the lady's room. I figured that it was probably something I ate and would just go away so I head to the airport anyways. Boy was I wrong!!! We landed in Austin at 11pm and I was in the emergency room by 2:30am. I was totally dehydrated from the numerous trips to the toilet and had a crazy fever. My stomach was cramping and my pulse was quite quick. I was hoping for a car accident on the way to the hospital so it would be a quick death rather than a slow painful one (Dave was wearing is seatbelt so I knew he would be fine). They did all kinds of tests and decided that it was a virus. After pumping 2 liters of fluids into me and numerous other drugs the fever was down to 101.6 and the cramping had subsided for the most part. Was released from the hospital at 6:30am or so and headed back home to take a vicadin that the doctor had prescribed to else the pain in my stomach and help me sleep. I woke up the next morning feeling a bit better for most of the day until the spaghetti I had delivered to the room for lunch decided to make a rather untimely reappearance. Dave was able to spend the day touring Austin with my aunt and uncle eating bbq and generally enjoying himself. The latest check out we could get for Sunday was 12:30pm so I was forced to tour homes with the fam until it was time to catch out flight home. Not wanted and thing to come back up I resigned myself to simply not eating for the day. I, thankfully, made it home uneventfully. I took the day off work today and will also take off tomorrow. I still haven't really eaten anything and my skin is bright red and feels like it is burned all over by body (yes, quite uncomfortable). And I still have a temp of 99.3 or 4.

So Dave liked Austin, but I pretty much hated it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuckee! So sorry you had to experience that sooo far from home and your own bed!!!! Hope you're all better before turkey day:)
love, LNB