Monday, January 26, 2009

Sun Circuit 2009

Since both horses were going to the show to get sold and the plane tickets were cheap I decided to fly out to the show for the 1st weekend to show Zeke for fun. And fun I had!!!
Getting ready to show in the Amateur Reining on Saturday afternoon.
Talking thru my game plan with my trainer.
Zeke about to get spiffed up before going in the show arena.
One final lap in the warm-up area before we show.
Loping in the in-gate for our run-in pattern.
Spinning to the left. Check out the cross over of his front legs!
Stepping in the left lead to do our 1st set of circles.
Big and fast.

I had so much fun on Saturday that I decided to show again on Sunday. There weren't any amateur classes so I just showed in the Senior Reining with the pros.
Taking a breather after our spins before loping off into our circles.All done. Time to relax.

Such a fun weekend. Loved cheering on my pals and loved showing Zeke. He is such a sweet horse and always tries so hard for me. He's such a good partner to have in the show pen.

A big thanks to Aunt Coletta and Uncle Scott for providing my lodging for the weekend. And a special thanks for Uncle Scott for all the pics!

And I also received my 4 year end championship buckles from DRHA for last year. They are gorgeous. I just love them!


3 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh they are pretty! I'm glad you had a good time! Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

How very fun.

Anonymous said...

Kind of fun to go and not worry about scoring points. You just rode your boy and enjoyed the experience.
Sounds like he likes you too!
Very nice buckles. You reached all of your 2008 goals and then some! That's my girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!