Friday, August 24, 2007

Coins

Here’s how it goes, grab 5 coins out of your pocket, purse, couch cushion or wherever it is you keep your loose change. You have to have ten uniquely dated coins, so if you get a duplicate, pull out another until you have ten unique dates. Next, tell your readers a little about YOU the year that the coin was minted.



1981 I was 4 years old. My parent were recently divorced. My mom & I were living with a friend she worked with, Lila. Lila owned a horse and would let me ride with her in front of the saddle. I even got to show in little local show while she lead the horse around. My grandma even made me little western outfits to show in that I still have. One might think that it was from Lila that my love of horses was seeded, however some how I was already enthralled with them before meeting her.

1989 Now 12 years old and in the 5th and 6th grades. I remember really liking the 5th grade. I had a great group of friends. My best friend was Sarah who lived just down the block. I had won my very 1st belt buckle on my own horse, Tory (who I received as a 7th birthday present) just 2 years prior. It was this summer that I broke my arm and have to have pins pit in to hold it back together. I was still living with my mom at Lila's house. I would spend Tuesday nights (known as 'Taco Tuesday') with my Dad & step mom as well as Saturday nights and then attend church with them on Sundays. I am not sure what year I was baptised, but I believe it was around this time.

1992 I graduated from 8th grade this year and began high school. I started taking tennis lessons that summer and miraculously made the team and was voted 'most improved' by my team at the end of the season. This is the year I began going to church with my friend Sarah in Huntington Beach and began making Christian friends and got really involved in the youth group. It's also probably around this time that I met Debbee, Dave's sister who was best friends with Sarah's sister. I was showing horses very heavily around the state in several different events on several different horses. This is the 1st year I was the junior member of the winning team for the Cue Stick Memorial Award in trail.

2003 Now in my 3rd year of marriage and living in our 1st house in Aliso Viejo. It was this year that I left my 1st real HR job as HR Coordinator for Johnny Rockets to accept at position of HR Representative at my current company. Dave and I took at road trip to visit my grandma in Pasyon, AZ and then drove back via Las Vegas in February. We vacationed on Grand Cayman for a week in September (still noted as one of our favorite vacations). I was a bridesmaid in my friend Lyndsay's wedding in November. I think it was also in 2003 that South County United began, which was a life changing mile marker in our walks with Christ.

2005 In 2004 we moved out of out house in Aliso Viejo and rented it out while we moved to a new home in Rancho Santa Margarita, where we became the Community Pastors for our new Community Group. In January of 2005 we went to our 1st Pastors' Retreat in Tahoe. To celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary, Dave and I spend a long weekend in Las Vegas (a special location for us since that is where we got engaged). But, our big vacation of the year was in Puerto Vallarta with our dear friends, Mike & Karen. During this year our cousin Derek lived with us for several months. We also purchased a Breezy this year! Actually, I started my blog in 2004 so you can check out more details for the year right here!

Thanks, Ellen. That was fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed finding out more about you through this meme, Kristin. I didn't know about the Debbee, Sarah, Kristin connection that lead to you meeting David. Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Ellen's comment! Very cool to learn more about you :)