Saturday, October 07, 2006

Show Season #1 Now Over

Well, so much for being "psyched and ready for the California Challenge October 27, 28, & 29 (the last show of the season)". Our vet came out to do a check up on Mr. Breezy on Wednesday and ended up finding a disruption on his suspensory (sp?). Not a tear or anything permanent, but just enough to keep hom on a walking only regiment for 2-4 weeks. And that means no California Challenge for us. I am disappointed since I feel like I haven't really accomplished what I was hoping for this season and was REALLY excited for that show. And since it was the last derby of the year and Breezy will be too old to do any derbies next year I am extra bummed. But, the good new is that it isn't anything that isn't fixable with just a little rest and relaxation. In just a few weeks he will be good as new!

1 comment:

Helen said...

That's too bad about the horse, my 3 year old had the same thing happen, and I missed three Futurities because of that. But he's back to being himself now, and we're headed for a couple Derbies next year. I've been reining for about 5 years now, thanks to my Dad, and I've loved all of it. I'm riding a Cowboy Jac gelding right now and am doing well with him. Glad to know someone else who loves reining!
Helen