Monday, April 24, 2006

Del Mar Results

Day 1 - I got to the Del Mar Fairgrounds around 8:30am, just in time to watch barn-mate Allen show. Then about 2 hours later Wendy showed. Then about 8.5 hours later I finally showed. I had entered the AQHA Ametuer Reining since it was scheduled to go in the big indoor Del Mar Arena, which is similar to the arena I will be showing in for the Hollywood Derby next weekend. I have no idea why, however, I didn't enter the AQHA Novice Ametuer Reining with was the class before. This little mistake ended up cost quite a bit. First, the show started running way behind and the Novice class ran in the Del Mar Arena, however my class was moved to the outdoor pen. And on top of that my scores of 70 and 68.5 would have been good for a 1st and a 2nd in the Novice class rather than the 5th and 6th in my Ametuer class :o( But, it was a good run all together and much better than my run at the AARC. My right turns we rather sluggish and we had a very late lead change, which was a 1 point penalty on each card. But, still a big improvment and Rick was really happy. The bummer was that I didn't get home until 11pm!







Day 2 - This time I entered the PCHA Ametuer class which ran in the morning. (Getting up at 5am was NOT easy!) Dave and his parents came to watch so i had a full cheering section which was really fun! This run was even better than the day before, but I still ended up with a 1 point penalty for that darn late lead change. Rick said I just didn't set him up enough and the video comfirms his assessment. My score was 69.5, which was good enough for 4th place and only 1 point out of 1st! (yes, darn that elusive lead change!!!)








Day 3 - Finally, I got to show in the Del Mar Arena! I entered the NRHA Limited Non Pro and ended up finally staying out of the penalty box and scored a 70, which was good enough for 3rd out of like 30 horses.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you. Great photos! I'm headed to LA today then on to Great Britain on Monday. Cheerio!