Sunday, June 19, 2005

Palm Desert Weekend

Dave was playing in a golf tournament in Palm Desert so we decided to make a weekend of it. We drove out there Friday evening after work.

When we started hitting traffic in Riverside we stopped and had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. One of my very favorite places to eat!

We got to Jenny and Straty's house around 9pm. Since we had not seen them since they moved out there over 2 months ago it was wonderful visit with them.

Saturday morning Dave left for his tournament and Jenny and Straty left for work leaving me to lounge and relax all day. Which I did do quite well. I tanned. I swam. I watched movies. It was wonderful! Dave got home around 2:30pm. We got to hang out with Straty that evening until he had to leave for a work thing aruond 6:30pm. Then we headed to The River for dinner. We ended up eating at Babe's. The food was quite yummy!

Then just walked around and enjoyed the beautiful evening.

Sunday morning was pretty much the same. More lounging and more golf.

Dave got back from playing golf around 3pm. He had not played as well as he had the daqy before, but did win Longest Put on the 18th hole. We cleaned up and headed for home. By the time we passed the windmills it was pretty clear that we weren't going to make it back in time for church so we made the best of it by stopping in Cabazan for a little outlet shopping. I ended up getting an absolutely FABULOUS skirt from A/X for only $19.99 (originally $165)! I can't wait to wear it in Vegas next week!

No comments: